Sunday 19 August 2012

Alaska!



I love Alaska.  I love the views, I love the weather (even the rain!), I love the atmosphere, I love the people.  I particularly love the beer and the fact that I can get my hands on a bunch of craft beers that I haven’t tried before.  Some aren’t necessarily from Alaska but here are a few of my faves from the state:



CoHoHo Imperial IPA, Midnight Sun Brewing Co
Brewed with juniper berries this is a dark malty IPA with a good balance of maltiness and sweetness.



Galaxy White IPA, Anchorage Brewing Co
Corked with a champagne cork (fancy!) and has that good fruity IPA aroma and flavour.  The one I had was labeled up as Batch #2 April 2012 so I think it could be aged.



Skilak Scottish Ale, Kenai River Brewing Co
This is a smoky little offering with a good malty sweetness which paired well with chocolate.



Spruce Tip Blonde, Skagway Brewing Co.
Brewed with actual spruce tips this beer has a serious fruity taste that is refreshing and satisfying.  I’m going to be really sad when I drink my last one this season.

This small selection doesn’t even include the incredible range from Alaskan Brewing which we will come to shortly….. watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment