Wednesday 16 January 2013

Beer Pancakes


Today I am baking some beer bread... I'll let you know how it turns out!  Until then, here is a recipe I tried out for beer pancakes.  Thanks to the wonderful Chris Badenoch for the recipe here (he also has one for beer donuts that I want to try!) 

Makes 6 pancakes

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup stout/porter
1/2 cup full cream milk
Butter for cooking

Method:
mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a runny batter.  Over medium heat melt the butter in a frying pan.  Pour a little of the mixture into the pan, depending on the size of pancake you want (about 1/2 cup at a time).  Wait until small bubbles are forming in the pancakes then flip them over.  Cook for a further 45 seconds or until golden brown.  Serve with maple syrup, berries, ice cream, whatever takes your fancy!

I found that beer pancakes are a bit more chewy than regular pancakes, which was quite nice. Let me know what you think when you try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment